Remote job: Web Application QA Engineer
Virtual, work-from-home position. Work anywhere in the US, must live in the US
We are growing! Join a technology team of 35 rockstar developers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts, project managers, etc who support a company of over 125 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace and ranked #6 in the top 50 2019 Best Small Business Workplaces by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We share code on github and contribute back to the open source community, whenever able. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We pair, encourage test driven development, collaborate, and enjoy healthy debate here and are looking for someone who can thrive in that environment. A thirst for knowledge and passion for solving problems is what drives the team. Training and education is a big part of who we are, not only as a company, but also as a mindset. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an extremely detailed and personable Web Application QA Engineer to conduct the testing of our web applications.
- Full-Time, 8a-5p in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro and internet service stipend
- Must be located in the US and legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting (which is a lot of fun), and maybe required a handful of times for team or project meetings (once COVID clears of course)
- Test web and mobile application releases on a day-to-day and project-by-project basis
- Manual and automated testing
- Develop and execute comprehensive testing plans for each project release
- Develop/implement automated test strategy, including record and playback and scripts
- Attend meetings within an Agile framework and deliver updates on testing progress
- Assist stakeholders in keeping application specifications accurate and up to date
- Work with Developers to improve automated testing where possible
- Work with project sponsors and product owners to improve daily testing regimens to ensure the websites are functioning at an optimal level
- Analyze documented defects to identify root cause and impact on related functions or product features
- Identify and mitigate risks/issues related to testing
- Suggest improvements, best practices, and new approaches to the testing workflow (your voice will be heard)
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- 5+ years of testing experience: test planning and test execution
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in automated testing applications such as Robot Framework, Selenium, Cucumber, TestComplete/Cross Browser Testing, UFT/SRF
- Experience with API testing tools, such as with ReadyAPI/SOAPUI
- Experience with Load Testing applications such as LoadNinja
- Demonstrated experience testing large web applications
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Knowledge of how and where web applications fail – knowing how to break things!
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Python is a plus, but not required
- Experience working in an Agile environment and using tools such as Jira and Confluence, or similar
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person and in a pleasant manner (we are always on Slack with stakeholders)
- Highly attentive to detail – able to cross all the t’s and dot all the i’s at all times. Your success will depend on it
- There is direct oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work, to establish deadlines, and to communicate progress proactively
- Must be reliable and trustworthy
- A home office, free of distractions, with a high-speed Internet connection
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player – must be able to comprehend highly-advanced forms of sarcasm
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
We prefer a great/interested/excited tester with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged tester with tons of experience.
Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) a QA project you are particularly proud of and why; and 2) a favorite clip from youtube. Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Link: Web Application QA Engineer