Remote job: Software Engineer Serverless Platform
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyber-attacks. Contrast’s patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
A revolution is underway in how software is built and deployed. Serverless computing represents that next generation approach to both. At Contrast our goal is to help our customers build and deploy the most robust and secure software imaginable. We believe that not enough is being done in the Serverless space to make Serverless applications secure.
Writing instrumentation agents is a responsibility we take very seriously at Contrast. Our customers trust us enough to run our agents directly in their applications. We’re looking for an engineer to exercise that power carefully, to help us build a quality, thoroughly tested agent that our customers run with complete confidence. Serverless presents a very unique problem for our customers, as now our IAST, RASP and OSS capabilities will extend into the compile and deploy process.
An ideal candidate has a passion and excitement around the Serverless Framework, as well as the AWS Lambda and Azure Functions communities. They have professional experience building Serverless applications and have a deep understanding of observability and secure programming.
Responsibilities and About You
- History of building Serverless web applications in Node, Python, Go or Java.
- Extensive experience with AWS Lambda and/or Azure functions.
- Collaborates enthusiastically as we are serious users of Slack, Github/Bitbucket, HighFive/Zoom (video/voice calls) to leverage chat (Slack), asynchronous communication and tracking (JIRA).
- Desire to document and automates everything. You believe knowledge should be shared. You document systems and share knowledge with the rest of the team clearly and precisely.
- Contribute to the development of our instrumentation agent written in Python, Node and Java, but from the perspective of distributed systems and function based architectures.
- Perform forensic investigations when the agent negatively impacts the performance of functionality of instrumented Serverless applications.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you’re building.
- You’re a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and Stock
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Daily in-office lunches
- Professional Development Budget
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us. We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it. Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Link: Software Engineer Serverless Platform